Feb 18, 2016
Twitter is a fast paced social media platform that is important for not only staying up to date with what is going on in your own “twitterverse” but, it is also hugely important for businesses who are trying to get news out to a lot of people very quickly. That being the case, you can see why it is so important for people to have a strong following on twitter. Sometimes it can be difficult to get the response that you hope for when you’re tweeting out breaking news. Here are 5 quick ways to up your twitter game as a business:
- According to a study by Wiselytics.com, repeated tweets increase dramatically in how many people see your tweet. So if your first tweet doesn’t perform as well as you would have liked, don’t be afraid to tweet the same information out again a couple of hours later or even repeat yourself in the days to come. This is a great way to keep your brand in the feed of your followers, and to help those who weren’t online during your original breaking tweet to stay caught up on all of the new developments with your brand.
- Another important thing is to share more tweets that are engaging and relevant to your followers. Check out this article by socialmediaexaminer.com to learn the important steps of curating material on your twitter account. You will be surprised with the amount of success you can have by sharing good content.
- Make sure you get your content in front of as many people as possible. Don’t be afraid to ask people to retweet your content to get in front of more followers. That’s the great thing about twitter, it isn’t uncommon to tweet at people who you don’t follow you and you don’t follow them, so be engaging with users who have a similar interest as your company and get them to help spread the word!
- Use hashtags. Using hashtags dramatically increases your searchability for those who are looking for content like yours. Hashtags automatically put your post about cars in with rest of the posts about cars, so that those looking for cars can find your tweet! Do you see the importance now?
- Tweet pictures. According to Bufferapp.com, tweets with pictures are clicked on 18% more often than those that lack pictures, favorited 89% more often, and retweeted 150% more often as well. That’s quite a big difference! Tweet pictures, ‘Nuff said.