Aug 20, 2008
When writing articles to market across the web there are certain things to keep in mind. A lot of different punctuation and grammatical information can often be overlooked. Here are some punctuation and writing tips:
1. When you use dashes use two of them (example marketing tips–7 rules)
2. Use only 3 dots when leaving a opening (example…)
3. Use only one space after a period or any punctuation. Like this.
4. Do not use spaces after hyphens (example: smart-phone)
5. Never use excessive punctuation. It will not create a greater sense of urgency or emotion.
6. Periods and commas always go inside of quotation marks (example “I like this article.”)
7. Never put a space before a comma or a period.
8. Only use question marks after a direct question (example: Do you like this article?)
9. If the last word in a sentence ends in a period then do not end it another period ( He is the C.E.O. Then move on to the next sentence.)
These are some good things to keep in mind as some people use excessive punctuation in writing articles. Always be sure to spell everything correctly and speak in proper English making for easier reading. Stay away from acronyms the way people use when performing text on their phone.
These tips will help a reader more fully grasp and understand the actual content of the article without being distracted by improper punctuation and spelling. As you do this it will help when performing article marketing for a website.