Sep 22, 2011
Without any speck of doubt, during the current era the Internet has become the most used platform for communication. Today, majority of the people spend their work and leisure time in front of their computers on the Internet. As social networking sites replace meeting up with friends and searching the Internet for information rather than going through books becomes the norm, advertisers are seeing a huge potential for marketing and advertising various products and services on the Internet. As such online publicity with the help of the Internet is relatively a novel idea.
Online publicity refers to the promotion via Internet to deliver marketable communications to entice the potential customers. There are many examples of this method like, social network advertising, It comprises of a lot of things. Email advertising, web banners, advertisements on social networking sites, advertisements on manufacturer’s own site, pop-up advertisements, advertisements through Internet affiliates, online-classified advertising – these are all a part of online publicity. Scroll down to know the advantages of online publicity…
Advantages of Online Publicity
- Global Reach: In this kind of process, a marketer can reach a wider clientele base. He can traverse geographical boundaries and time zones. When it comes to reaching a wide range of customers, no other medium can beat Internet. By advertising on the Internet, a small manufacturer in one part of the world can find customers in the other.
- Target Specific: On the Internet, you will find websites which cater to a particular group of people who have some specific interests or who belong to a particular age group. There are sports websites, medical websites, technology websites, social networking sites which are mostly frequented by youngsters, religions websites, travel websites, etc. Thus, online marketing and advertising gives businesses an opportunity to reach people who would be specifically interested in buying their product. For instance, a new cell phone in the market can find it’s potential customers if advertised on a technology or a social networking site.
- Time Flexibility: As far as transmitting and flexibility are concerned, on the Internet, a commercial is transmitted in a real time of 24/7 out of 365 days in a year. Moreover, one can launch a publicity campaign and keep it updated or immediately stopped. An announcer can see the results of the daily campaign, even if for instance this generates a too small answer in the first week, to modify it and to replace it with another in the following week.
- Cost Effective: Another of the advantages of online advertising is that it is very cost effective. With other mediums of advertising, be it television or print, you cannot say for sure whether the customer who is watching or reading the advertisement is actually going to buy the product. But through pay per click advertising, a marketer is actually paying only when the potential customer visits his website or looks through the product that is being sold. So, comparing from this point of view, online publicity costs are much less.
- Faster Than Other Mediums: That’s but obvious. When you use the medium of online advertising, you can start sending out your ads the moment you sign up for the campaign, unlike other sources of advertising, where you need to wait for the ad to display to the targeted audience. Not only does web advertising save time, it also helps you target a wider audience in lesser time, and at a comparatively lesser price. Isn’t that a lucrative advantage of online advertising?
- Easy To Keep Track Of: It isn’t that easy to track and measure the advertising figures in case of offline marketing. However, the Internet is full of effective analytic implements with the help of which, an advertiser can easily improvise his ads and ad campaigns, and easily devise new strategies to enhance the same.
- Highly Informative: This is one of the biggest advantages of online publicity, as the consumer knows full details about the product, its features, durability, method of use, etc. As you see, in case of online advertising, the advertiser has the capability of conveying more details with regards to the product he is selling, at a very low cost. However, if the same ad is supposed to be featured in a newspaper or a magazine, the advertiser is charged according to the number of words he puts in the ad. In case of advertising on the web, the advertising campaigns are usually comprised of a link that directs a user to a page where he can fetch all the information regarding the product.
- Ease Of Use: All type of businesses, even the ones which have just started out, will find publicity through the Internet much easier. With other publicity mediums such as television and print, businesses need to hire the services of an advertising agency to create appropriate advertisements for them and also to buy publicity space in newspapers or televisions. With web advertising, all these headaches do not exist. So, one of the main Internet advertising advantages is that even a business which is just a day old can advertise its products and services online, by starting its own website.
These are some of the advantages of Internet advertising that have attempted to logically support the justification that online publicity can be an effective and efficient element of marketing.