May 1, 2009
Article marketing is one of the most powerful forms of internet marketing that any webmaster can use. This means that an internet marketer has to be a good writer or at least be able to get their point across in a way that everyone can understand.
Here are some tips when writing:
1) Use Catchy Headlines: headlines are the only sure thing that readers will read when they read your article. The headline must grab someone’s attention and make them stop in their tracks. Remember that most readers are what we call scan readers which means they skim over words and look for things that stand out or are different. Do not always give the full detail in the headline as well by allowing some mystery to be there in order to pique the readers interest to read more.
2) Use Conversational Writing: humans by nature are social creatures and like to converse one with another in various forms such as speech, writing, video, and other forms. When writing you will want a person to think and feel as though they can be involved in the conversation of what the topic is about. People always like to learn new things and give their own feedback and opinions.
3) Do Not Talk Down To Readers: in conjunction with conversational writing is the point that it is not polite to speak down to people as if you are better than they are. The same goes for writing in a way that does not sound degrading to those who would potentially read your material.
4) Include Great Information: this goes without saying but people like to read things because they want to learn and educate themselves either for entertainment or research. When writing articles you must have some great information that has some substance and not full of fluff. Readers can tell if you are just making stuff up.
5) Get To The Meat Fast: one of the most important things in writing is telling your readers what you are going to talk about in your headline or your starter paragraph. After you have done that efficiently then you do not want to stall with a bunch of fluff and not reveal the meat of what you are talking about. Give it to them so they will quickly be engaged with what you are reading.
6) Use Proper Language: depending on who your readers are will depend on how you speak to them. This will depend on culture, ages, demograpchics, geographics, etc. Everyone is different and every group of people are different. Know who you are writing for and use the proper language for that group like jargon, stories, and more.