Jan 6, 2012
Advantages of Embedding Videos to Your Website
Why Use Videos on Your Website
You know how people say, “A picture says a thousand words?” Well a video says 10,000. Using videos on your website can greatly enhance the consumer experience. It’s a new Internet age, and with it comes a mass of video-rich websites. It seems as if everyone is getting in on this “video craze.” But perhaps you are still skeptical. Streaming videos can get downright expensive with its bandwidth-hogging size. Yes, it can be expensive, but is is well worth the cost.
1. Website Enhancement
You can use videos to turn a static website into a dynamic, interactive destination for your consumers.
- A promotional video that explains who you are and what you do
- A website tour that tells visitors what they can find on the website and where it is
- A virtual tour that lets web visitors see what your physical location is like
2. Demonstration of a Product or Activity
There are many ways you can use videos to educate customers on how to use your product and how to save time and money on customer service.
- Use videos to demonstrate how to install or set up your product
- Use videos to show your product in action
- Use videos to train clients and staff remotely
3. Sharing Your Expertise
Many businesses have created a marketing niche for themselves by using video to establish their expertise on a particular topic.
- Create educational videos that provide visitors with in-depth information related to your industry
- Produce a video newscast updating viewers on the latest headlines in your field of work
- Aggregate and publish other expert videos related to your topic
4. Driving Traffic to Your Website
- Use targeted keywords when titling and tagging your videos
- Create a variety of videos, each focusing on a different search term
- Use multiple video sharing sites to increase links back to your main website
5 Earning Money
If you have the right content and access to the right audience, you can use videos to earn substantial money from your website.
- Charge visitors to download informational or entertainment videos
- Place advertising on video pages
- Sell sponsorship for a popular video podcast
6. Promoting a Sale or Special Event
Just as companies create a special ad to let customers know about an upcoming sale, you can use videos to advertise specials on your website.
- Use video to show off new products you’re selling
- Include promo codes within videos to reward viewers
- Use video to notify customers of upcoming specials
7. Personalizing Your Business
It’s easy to use videos to give a human face to your corporate website.
- A short video welcoming visitors to your website
- Profile videos that introduce your executives and employees
- Customer testimonial videos that communicate your company’s value
8. Engaging Customers with Your Brand
You can use videos as interactive mediums to get consumers engaged with and excited about your brand. After all, you don’t have to be the one producing the videos. Many customers will be happy to do it for you.
- Start a video contest to promote your brand
- Ask users to upload videos of themselves using your product
- Invite users to embed your videos on their own web pages
9. Encouragement of Regular Visits to Your Website
You can use videos to attract people back to your website over and over again. By providing regular, quality content, visitors will come back again and again to see what new videos you’re offering.
- Produce daily (or weekly) video podcasts with timely information
- Use an RSS feed to update visitors about new videos
- Use videos to promote events and recent activities at your business
10. Standing Out from the Competition
Web videos are becoming more and more widespread, but there are still many industries that don’t use videos as a common practice. If your competitors don’t yet use videos, you’ll be able to set yourself apart by using videos on your website.
- Add a video to your business listing in online directories
- Promote your web videos on local websites
- Spread your videos virally by allowing viewers to share and embed them
When using videos on your website, you have a powerful tool that can increase the popularity of your web pages. Whether you want to earn money, share your knowledge, or increase page views, you can use videos to create a dynamic website that attracts and keeps visitors forever.