Nov 12, 2011
Content is KING in SEO
Google’s Matt Cutts has repeatedly said that quality content is key to Google rankings, and Bing’s Duane Forrester reminded marketers at SMX Advanced 2011 that “all SEO ranking signals revolve around content of some kind”. Before Google rolled out its Panda update, Matt Cutts consistently told webmasters they needed to focus on content for SEO. Since the Panda updates, just about everyone from Google is telling site owners they need to focus on content for SEO.
Sooooo many clients and prospective clients that we consult with struggle with the idea that CONTENT is key in SEO. For those interested in the marketing their businesses in today’s economy, understanding the concept of content marketing or content creation is key. This is how sales and the business world works now! The chaps over at Brafton News were kind enough to create this stellar infographic on content.
Details From the Infographic
- Google says, “Our site quality algorithms are aimed at helping people find high-quality sites by reducing the rankings of low quality content.”
- 92% of marketers say that content creation is either “very effective” or “somewhat effective” for SEO
- 50% of marketers cite “web pages” as “very effective” for SEO
- 40% of marketers cite “whitepapers” as “very effective” for SEO
- 76% of marketers who have strategic SEO campaigns in place invest in content creation.
- 50% of consumers are more likely to click on a search result if the brand appears multiple times on the search engine results page.
- 52% of consumers say blogs have impacted purchase decisions.
- 57% of marketers have acquired new customers via their blogs.
- 42% of consumers look to articles and blogs for info about potential purchases.
- 61% of consumers are more likely to purchase goods from business that offer custom content.
- Google’s Matt Cutts commented on whether Google gives more weight to brands in rankings by saying, “Try to make a site that is so fantastic you become an authority in your niche.”