Feb 19, 2014
See Miley Cyrus’s hit song from 2008, 7 Things I Hate About You. This is proof that anyone can sell a list.
1. Facebook is flooded with them. We can no longer escape them.
2. They are used on every blog ever. Every single one. If you can find a blog that doesn’t use lists let me know and I’ll send you a prize or something.
3. Nothing needs to be well written in lists. Lists make sentence structure and voice irrelevant.
4. Lists are predictable. You know exactly what you’ll get when you open a list. The author has no room to surprise you.
6. Lists are easy to make and require very little thought. All you have to do is brainstorm until you have a given amount of arguments or points. Then you list them in order. If you can count, you can write a list.