Aug 1, 2008
There are many different styles and looks of websites. There are however some characteristics that should always be kept in mind when designing and creating websites. Here are some characteristics:
1) Flexible – The site should provide alternative ways of gathering information.
2) Revealing – The site should reveal content so that users don’t have to exhort to much effort into gathering and figuring out where items of interest are located.
3) Manageable – It should be easy for the owners of the site to make changes and keep the structure.
4) Navigable – Users can move easily within the site.
5) Expandable – The site should allow for additions of content without compromising the structure and layout.