Sep 14, 2010
So why would you choose custom or template?
It can be difficult to know exactly what your business may need for a website. Today we are going to discuss the differences between having a custom website built for you company or using a template for your website.
Here are some questions you should initially ask:
- Some questions to ask yourself would be what features you need?
- Do you need design that fits your specific company personality?
- Do you want to be found in search engines?
- Do you want search engine traffic to your website?
- Do you want want e-commerce that functions how you want it?
The previous questions would be some things to think about for starters.
If you answered Yes to any of these questions then you don’t want a template, you want a custom website.
Getting stuck with a Template
So you went with the template website didn’t you. Do you feel like you went with the money saving economical route? Trying to save a few bucks these days? Do you feel like the guys that “built” your website don’t answer the phone, no updates are happening?
Your competitors just had a great sigh of relief when they found out you chose to go with a template website and virtually handed them your share of the online market. You should probably expect a Christmas fruit basket this year courtesy of your competitor, which is the least they can do after what you did for them!