Dec 20, 2012
What Does A Sherpa Do?
The first time Mt. Everest was summited in 1953, the assistance of a Sherpa proved invaluable. Since then, Sherpas have proven to be a critical resource for successful summits of peaks throughout the Himalayas.
The elevation of the Himalayas ranges from 60 meters above sea level to the highest point on earth (Mt. Everest at 8,848 meters), resulting in conditions ranging from sub-tropical to arctic more quickly than anywhere on earth.
Sherpas have their own language, Sherpa, and they speak Nepal’s national language, Nepalese.
Sherpas are experienced mountaineers who know the way and are willing to not only lead the party but carry much of the load. Sherpas are known for their expertise in guiding, hard work and are world renown for their stamina, strength, and teamwork.
“Sherpas” in Your Business
What early Himalayan tourists realized quickly was that they did not specialize in navigating the Himalayas even though they knew much about navigating their own country. Because of the diverse and ever changing landscape of the Himalayas, mountaineers found it necessary to employ sherpas in order to successfully navigate the territory.
Business take-aways from Himalayan tourists and Sherpas:
- Ever changing landscape requires someone who specializes in the area.
- Diverse and unique conditions call for someone who can read the territory.
- Guides must know the language of the “sherpa” but also the language of the people.
- Someone who can lead and carry much of the load is invaluable for a team.
“If I Were Your Marketing Director”
The real story to tell for you and your business, is how you use Sherpas to get you to where you are trying to go. Think about it… how much time do you spend wondering, worrying, managing, and thinking about your next steps in your business?
Everyday, our marketing “sherpas” assist business owners with strategies that have proven success. We approach business as if “I were your marketing director” and all questions are answered in the spirit of Marketing Managed. Marketing Managed is about functioning as the marketing director of your business for 1/2 the cost.
Keys to Marketing Managed™:
- Carrying the load in the “management” of the marketing. It is about leading and carrying the load.
- Speaking the language of the client, while understanding and speaking the language of a marketing guru.
- Knowing the diverse marketing landscape ahead and knowing how to navigate each turn.
- Specializes in an area so that through experience, you can trust the direction you receive is sound.
Strategy Time is NOW
From now, until the end of January, Innovation Simple’s Marketing Managed program is offering free strategy development for all Innovation Simple clients and new client sign ups until January 31st 2013. This time of year is critical for deciding which direction you will head in 2013 and which “sherpas” you will choose to help you get there.
If you are interested in discussing your strategy, please contact our Director of Strategy at (435) 215-7131.