Apr 11, 2011
Random Facts About Video
Here are some random facts about internet video that ANY business owner MUST know – especially a business owner that has a website.
According to ComScore, in November 2010, Google Sites once again ranked as the top U.S. video property with nearly 5.1 billion videos viewed (representing a 40 percent share of all videos viewed), with YouTube.com accounting for more than 98 percent of all videos viewed at the property. Google Sites attracted 98 million online video viewers, or approximately two out of every three Internet users who watched video during the month. ComScore had other notable findings from November 2010 including:
- 77 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video.
- The average online video viewer watched 273 minutes of video.
- 97 million viewers watched 5.1 billion videos on YouTube.com (52.3 videos per viewer).
- 52.5 million Viewers watched 371 million videos on MySpace.com (7.1 videos per viewer).
- The duration of the average online video was 3.1 minutes.
- The duration of the average online video viewed at Hulu was 11.9 minutes, higher than any other video property in the top ten.
So WHY Use Online Video?
- Video allows you to stand-out and connect with your customers like never before.
- Video is proven to keep potential customers on your website longer; up to 78% longer.
- Video brings your product to life, giving you the ability to sell more while building brand loyalty.
- Online video is so engaging that an industry study shows that 80% of consumers are more likely to buy from a Web site with a video commercial than from a company that does not have one.
- Video makes it easier for potential customers to assimilate information and learn about your product or service, thereby connecting them to your brand easier.
- Much of the reason that video is so effective is that humans are so used to watching television and other media. Anything video based is easier than reading text on the web and connects with individuals faster.
Think Seriously About Online Video
Your customers and potential customers are going to be more apt to look for a video in the near future (if they aren’t already looking for it). Video is simply easier than text for your customer base to assimilate information about you and your company.