Dec 14, 2011
How to Network Using Social Media
Social media and social bookmarking are ways to transmit or share information with a broad audience. Any business has the capacity to benefit greatly from social media, but how? What are some ways that businesses can network with their desired audiences?
Social media networking is an act of engagement. Groups of people with common interests associate together on social media websites and build relationships through community-type environments. Think about how much time people actually spend on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites. They have instant access. If you pay attention to the latest commercials on TV, businesses will advertise their Facebook page, not even their website URL, at the end of the advertisement. Businesses that don’t have extreme budgets for TV or radio have to learn how to tap into the social media realm, which really does result in high website PR if gone about correctly.
A Basic Social Media Networking Strategy
- Start off by finding out how your business is perceived and work hard to publicly deal with any issues that have arisen, whether they are directly related to your business or to the industry as a whole.
- Begin building a niche market on a variety of social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Digg, and others.
- Goup together specific individuals or organizations that may have an interest in your products or services.
- Participate in relevant and valuable interaction between those groups on a regular basis, posting unique, interesting content that your consumers will actually read and share with others.
- Advertise your social media pages on your actual website.
- Create reasons why people should join your social media pages and conversations (contests, free give-aways, etc.).
Follow the Crowd
The list goes on and on, but these are the essentials to get any business started with social media networking. If your business is not taking advantage of social media, participating on a regular basis with valuable and relevant interaction, you will miss opportunity after opportunity to connect with potential customers and building your brand.
So tap into the power of social media with purpose, making mindful decisions and following a simple strategy such as the one above. Business is all about reputation, so be smart, patient, and most importantly, tell the truth.
Secrets to Social Media Networking
If you want to dive further into the social media world, using that to knock off competition from the search engines, contact an SEO expert who knows the secrets behind using social media networking for search engine dominance. Sure, everyone uses social media, but there are ways to quickly (VERY quickly) boost your online business’ rankings just by knowing the “secrets,” which are just aspects of social media that most people simply pay no attention to.